This episode explores the "paradox of tolerance," and what it means for free software communities, business, conference organizing, and our daily interactions. This episode offers six propositions about tolerance:
- Free software requires certain kinds of tolerance
- Tolerance has limits
- The paradox of tolerance sets up clear distinctions between good and evil
- Business can utilize the paradox of tolerance
- In practice, tolerance is messy and arbitrary
- Kindness outweighs tolerance
The theme music used in this episode comes from the Open Goldberg Variations, performed by Kimiko Ishizaka. This episode is released under the Creative Commons attribution share alike 4.0 International license.